Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy New Year.

Traditions are a good thing. Despite the floccinaucinihilipilification (sorry, it's the perfect word) of those that figure January 1 is just another number, I find a positive value in holidays, special days and National Pickle Week (yes, that actually exists).

I remember seeing a cable access show hosted by a rabbi. Being a lapsed Catholic, I'm fascinated by all takes on religion. The import of this episode was the real value of Jewish holidays. Being forward-looking is a key to being happy and well-adjusted. All those holidays (which many Jews can't even spell) are designed to create a healthy sense of anticipation.

New Year's Day can really bum out those who have nothing to look forward to, aside from a few broken resolutions. By contrast, I'm actually impatient to get past this day. I've got a helluva lot to do! Let's do this!

[pop] A toast! Happy New Year!

Love,
Vince